Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Iron County MI Disaster Plan......a disaster?

According to a copy of a grant application, written by the Iron County administrator and signed by the Iron County Board of Commissioners Chair, IRON COUNTY HAS A DISASTER AND PUBLIC SAFETY PLAN. ! However they refused to show me a copy and claimed it was exempt from disclosure, by section "Y" of the FOIA.

Their grant requested funds from the federal government to acquire a new $27,000.00 vehicle for the Animal Control Officer/First responder. According to the grant application the Dog Catcher will serve Iron County AND the surrounding area of the Upper Peninsula. Do you want your employee to be serving the surrounding area?

After being told I could not get a copy of their disaster plan, I asked "Who Wrote It" "when" and "where" is it kept. I was met with stone faced staring and not a word.

The county could have bought a used comparable vehicle from the city of Caspian for approx. 25% of the cost they are spending for the Chairs son to use as DOG CATCHER ! ! They claim the present unit leaks great amounts of oil, who does the maintenance ? ? The Dept. of Rural Development in Gladstone told me that they should receive a copy of the minutes from the public hearing that they held because the Feds made them. I intend to get a copy of those minutes and check their truthfulness. ! ! I am a firm believer that figures don't lie, BUT LIARS figure.

I have an acquaintance that recorded yesterdays public hearing SO I will be able to separate the wheat from the CHAFF. Stay tuned I understand some of the incumbents will have opposition, and Iron County will have responsive and capable officals in the courthouse again ! !

While I haven't done it yet I will be using the FREEDOM of INFORMATION ACT to get the amount the county spends on legal fees for the past two years broken down by quarters. And I will keep everyone on this site up to date

Ben Smith

No comments:

Blog Archive