Friday, March 5, 2010

Finance Conditions Improving?

Yesterday I received an offer from one of
my credit card/banking providers that has
me wondering if there's a strong improvement
in the finance industry. It arrived in email.
I've removed the company name because I'm not
shilling for them.

"Want a quick and easy way to save? Transfer your
higher-rate balances to your XXXXXXX account,
and they'll stay at a low 0% APR for 12 months
after the first transfer posts to your account.
After that, your APR will be the same as your
purchase rate.

"Keep in mind, you'll pay a transaction fee of 2%
on each balance."

Recently Bank of America offered transfers at 4%
and low (1.9% and 4.9%) interest rates for 3 and
6 months, depending on the interest charged.

Then, this morning I received another offer, but
for banking, from the same company, if I opened
a banking account with them:

"*APY in effect as of March 4, 2010. 1.45% APY
applies to account balances of $2,500 or more.
0.00% APY applies to balances less than $2,500.
Rates are variable and may change at any time.
Minimum deposit required to open the account
is $2,500."

I have 2 data points so far, but they look
promising. I'll report if this becomes a trend,
with other companies following suit.

Bill Vajk

No comments:

Blog Archive