Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beginings

This is not going to be an ordinary sort of blog. The idea here is to discuss what people are doing to improve our situation, not to argue over issues and ideas. There are those of us who are doers and this is a place to read what at least some of the doers are doing.

I'm Bill Vajk and this is my blog. I set the rules, and no comment will be posted as readable by the public until I approve it. Other forums in Iron County have a tendency, in my opinion, to lose sight of their mission. This blog is going to be very narrowly construed. Nothing new will be posted here unless someone has actually done something, like issued an FOIA request, filed a legal complaint, submitted a new release that didn't get published, and so forth, or some other interesting act. There's the keyword, action, not lip service.

Mostly comments will be restricted to citizens who are not public officials. The reason for this is that the local print media bends over backwards to publish anything they want the public to hear. Editorial prerogatives sometimes get in the way of offering information. Hopefully this blog will level the playing field just a little. I will, however, post brief statements from new candidates for elective office as well as any official seeking reelection or retention. Generally speaking I will not repeat information published elsewhere.

The internet is, in some ways, a great equalizer. This blog costs nothing to set up and run. If you have opinions you want to publish and they don't fit here, please feel free to follow the instructions to set up your own.

You can start here: www.blogger.com

Over the next few days I'll be posting the current FOIAs and other activities I'm engaged in. This is being a busy summer. Hopefully other individuals will submit information as well.

There you have it, this is what we're about. I hope it helps and I am even more hopeful that we can convert more people from being passive citizens into activists for progress.

Bill Vajk

No comments:

Blog Archive